Interested in driving for Uber in the United States? Please fill out this form to start the process of becoming a driver.
The Uber vehicle requirements for drivers are:
- Driver must be at least 21* years old
- Driving License must be in good standing
- 4-door sedan, must seat 4 or more passengers plus the driver
- Vehicle must be 2001* or newer in good condition with clean title
- Vehicle must have in-state plates
- No taxis are allowed
- Vehicle must pass Uber safety inspection
- The car must be currently registered
- The car needs to have in-state car insurance in your name.
uberXL: At least 21 years old, with a personal license and personal auto insurance. Your Vehicle Is: SUV or minivan, in excellent condition that can fit up to six passengers.
Uber BLACK: A professional chauffeur with a commercial license and commercial auto insurance. Your Vehicle Is: A black on black sedan, town car, or crossover SUV that comfortably seats 4 passengers.
Uber SUV: A professional chauffeur with a commercial license and commercial auto insurance. Your Vehicle Is: A black on black full-size SUV that comfortably seats at least 6 passengers.
*Requirements very from one place to another so we will send you precise instructions once you sign up.
Please watch this video for more information about how to use Uber app for drivers.
Disclosure: This information is for illustration purposes only. The requirements to join Uber might be different in your area. Uber will provide you with current requirements applicable to your area. This driver referral blog is maintained by Kristof Tabor, Uber Partner – not uber.com.